The New Brunswick Official Student Listserv (NBOSL) is a weekly newsletter published every Tuesday during the semester distributed via email to undergraduate and graduate students at Rutgers–New Brunswick. NBOSL contains official and timely information from key institutional areas that are important for students and contains information on health, safety, and academic topics. In addition to the email newsletter, this website contains the current version of the newsletter and an archive of past messages.
General Criteria for Submission
- The newsletter is for official notices from key institutional areas only. Only Rutgers faculty and staff can submit information for consideration in the newsletter. We cannot publish events, messages from student groups, or other unofficial notices. If you need help to promote an event, please view Additional Information below.
- Submissions must be received by Thursday at noon to be considered for the following Tuesday’s publication.
- Messages must be brief and are limited to 500 characters or about five lines.
- All submissions are subject to review and editing to fit the criteria outlined in these guidelines. NBOSL staff will work with submitters when necessary to edit content.
- Individuals who submit information to NBOSL must ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and reliability of the submitted material.
- We cannot publish flyers, commercial advertisements, or solicitations.
- Incomplete submissions will not be published or posted.
- Please be aware that approval or placement of your submission is not guaranteed.
The information in this section includes official messages from key institutional areas for students. Authority to approve messages in this category lies with the Office of the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs. Submissions must be sent using our online submission form.
Example messages: term bill payment information, deadlines for awards and scholarships, diploma applications, semester session registration, semester add/drop deadlines, dining plan changes, health insurance information, voter registration, and phishing and cybersecurity notices.
Did You Know?
This section is generated by NBOSL staff and contains interesting facts and information about Rutgers and the surrounding community.
NBOSL is only for official dates and notices. We will not accept event submissions, but you are welcome to use the event promotion resources below.
- On-Campus Event Promotion Guide managed by Campus Information Services
- Promotional and Advertising Opportunities with RU-tv
- Rutgers Calendar of Events
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.